Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

lørdag 22. mars 2014

Left over Love

Earlier this year I decided to purchase a copy of Mary Jane Mucklestone's 200 Fair Isle Designs. I've been meaning to learn more about fair isle knitting and colours, with the hopes of creating my own patterns some day. I love doing stranded colourwork, since it's so addictive and therefore makes for speedy progress in projects. I'm not confident enough to create a pattern form scratch just yet, but I used the inimitable Kate Davies' Ursula mitten pattern as a basis for these mittens:

 photo IMG_9974_zps9b073865.jpg

Having knit two pairs following Davies' pattern, I knew that the fit would be perfect for the intended recipient of these mittens. I decided to use the left overs from the other pairs of mittens for this pair, both to use up some of my leftovers, but also because I saw it as a golden opportunity (and a challenge) to put colours together in new ways. I ended up just knitting the colours at random, but the end result looks neat anyhow, with the black on the cuff, thumb and fingertips.

 *

I'm looking forward to venturing into 'uncharted' (gettit?) territory with the aid of Mucklestone's book. My mum gave me some lovely organic wool, probably enough for a jumper/cardigan, in two colours, which I'm hoping I can turn into something wearable and nice. I'm thinking something slightly Icelandic, with a round yoke, perhaps? Time will show - I will keep you updated on that process when I have more time for sketching, swatching and knitting. For the next week I'll be busy finishing my coursework for my last semester at university! It's unbelievable, but so nice to think that I'll be done in about two months time. Cross your fingers and toes for me! 

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP