Photography and Knits by Elise Sophie

norwegian flowers, books in a stack on the bedside table, cups of tea, films with lots of swearing, pincushions shaped as mushrooms, cats with big hearts, friends with many names and flavours, music with a lot of dimensions, knitting needles that mysteriously disappear, and yarn. lots of yarn.

mandag 1. juni 2015

Monthly Quote: June

I was so inspired by Vibeke and Ruthie that I decided to join in their initiative to start each month with a quote. To set the tone, and to inspire me (and you!) for the upcoming month. I chose this particular quote because I'm practicing to sew, and I'm finding it so much more challenging than I do knitting. I've come to realise that I'll just need practice and a lot of patience in order to reach the point I'm at when knitting something. After all, I've knitted relatively consistently since I was 8 years old! So, for June I'm practicing both sewing and patience.


"Have patience with all things, 
but, first of all with yourself." 
- Saint Francis de Sales. 

  

3 kommentarer:

Vibeke juni 01, 2015  

oh i LOVE this quote
and
definitely need to practise this! i can be very unpatient with myself...
thank you for inspiring and sharing sweet Elise : )

wishing you a wonderful start on this
summer month and looking forward to drink tea
together with you in autumn!!

happy and patient sewing ;)))

Vibeke

Nicole juni 01, 2015  

Such an insightful quote! A kind reminder that we are usually are harshest critiques. And yum! Those strawberries look wonderful!

elisesophie juni 02, 2015  

Thanks for your sweet comments, Vibeke and Nicole. I felt I really needed this quote; as a reminder and as a thing to aim to get better at - learning to give myself time and space to learn and create.
Whilst doing that, I intend to eat a bunch of delicious strawberries, of course!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts by others

The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful; the best occupations are the least forced.
- Michel de Montaigne.

What's on my bedsidetable right now:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Copyright Notice

All the pictures on this blog are © Elise Albrektsen, unless otherwise noted, and should not be used without my permission. Send questions, thoughts and other messages to elise_albrektsen (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Happy reading!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP